Become an Officer
Earn up to 159K a year doing the job you love
Competitive pay and benefits is just the beginning. Vacaville PD is built on a foundation of officer wellness, top tier training, and community connections.
Police Officer Lateral:
- $50 – $76/hourly
- $104,599 – $159,210* annual
Police Officer Academy Grad:
- $43/ hourly
- $91,434 annual
The Vacaville Benefits
- California Public Employees Retirement System (CalPERS)
- Education Incentive Pay
- Leadership Incentive Pay
- Holiday Pay
- Uniform Allowance
- Comprehensive Medical Plans through CalPERS
- Retiree medical coverage
- Life Insurance
- Education/Student Loan Reimbursement
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Deferred Compensation (457)
- Vacation – 16 Days Accrued Year 1
- Sick – 12 Days Accrued Per Year
Take Home Car program
*Max pay factors in Holiday Pay, Uniform Allowance, Bachelor’s Degree Pay, Bilingual Pay & Senior Officer III.
$20,000 Hiring Incentive
for Lateral and Academy Graduate Applicants.
You either win or you learn
Based on real world needs and feedback from our officers, we have reset the standards of training. Join us on the mat and square off with the VVPD Jiu-jitsu masters, teaching skills that make the job safer and provide an extra level of confidence on the street.